“In 1912, an incredible gift of 3,000 cherry blossom trees was bestowed on Washington, DC by Tokyo, Japan. Rooted strongly and surviving outside elements, the trees have withstood the test of time – and nearly a century later, the National Cherry Blossom Festival is preparing for an unprecedented and once-in-a-lifetime celebration from March 20 – April 27, 2012. ”
In honor of one of our nation’s most beloved treasures we are celebrating with a cherry recipe. It might not be as beautiful as the cherry blossom trees but it tastes delicious!
- Cherry Pie Filling 1 can
- White Cake Mix 1 box
- Butter (sliced) 1 stick
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the baking pan.
- Spread the filling evenly, so that it covers the entire pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over the cherry filling.
- However, do not break the lumps and leave them intact, as they are going to form the “crust” of the cake.
- Place slices butter on top of the dry mix, but do not mix it.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, until the cake is golden brown in color.
- It will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes, but different ovens may require different time.
- Remove from the oven, cool for about 30 minutes and slice it evenly and serve warm.